2020 RENEWAL INFORMATION
updated 8/26/20 - next update on Oct. 1
- Regardless of what happens this year, all Renewal ticket accounts will retain their 2019 seats for the 2021 SEC Championship Game.
- 2020 refund policy: If for any reason you are unable to attend the 2020 SEC Championship Game, an automatic full refund will be issued to the card or checking account used for payment
At this time, we expect to start Ticket Sales for Renewal accounts in mid-October.
We will provide at least 2 weeks notice prior to the start of ticket sales.
Fan safety procedures and guidelines will be announced in October.
The size of the crowds at Mercedes-Benz Stadium this year will be based on guidance from local and state health authorities.
On August 17, the Atlanta Falcons announced that there will not be any fans at their September home games. They expect to have reduced capacity for the remainder of the season, based on social distance guidelines and fan safety protocols developed by the NFL in conjunction with health and safety experts.
Attendance guidelines for November and December games at Mercedes-Benz Stadium are expected to be announced in early October.
Attending events this year will look different and we hope you understand that decisions and adaptions are being made to provide a healthy environment for fans, student-athletes, coaches and staff.
If reduced capacity is required by local or state health departments, there will not be a need to do upgrades this year.
Your upgrade date and time determined by your priority.
All who select UPGRADE on their renewal form will be assigned an upgrade start date and time. If you choose not to select new seats during the upgrade period, you automatically keep the same seats as last year (no need to contact us)
- number of years Championship Game tickets have been purchased through the SEC Ticket Office
- seat location history and history of submitting renewal form by the priority deadline
This Priority system was implemented in 1998. 1998 to 2017 priority was used to assign seats. Starting in 2018, we added a renew same seats option. Currently priority is used to determine your place on the upgrade list, if you select UPGRADE on your renewal invoice form.
2019 renewal rate was over 99%.
|Number of accounts that did NOT renew: ||2019||2018|
|Sideline Lower & Mezz.||13||3|
|Corner/Endzone Lower & Mezz.||8||12|
|Total Accounts: ||34 ||30|
|Total Seats: ||122 seats ||96 seats|
- 2019: 229 accounts selected new seats out of 1,017 accounts who were on the upgrade list
- 2018: 123 accounts selected new seats out of 1,183 accounts who were on the upgrade list
- There are 3,700 renewal accounts
SEAT UPGRADE INFORMATION
- There are very few upgrades (if any) into club seats each year. The same is true for lower level and upper level sideline seats. Seat upgrades will work the same as in past years. You can have the best seats available when it is your turn.
- 'Upgrade' refers to any seat change: move to higher price seats, move to same price seats in different section, row or seats, move to lower price seats. Your card will be charged or credited the price difference, if any, during the seat selection process.
- Keep in mind that you are under no obligation to choose new seats. If you do not find seats that you wish to move to, you will retain the same seat locations as last year (not necessary to contact us).
- Seat upgrades are scheduled in same priority order as past years, priority determined by: total number of years you have purchased tickets, the price levels you have purchased in the past, your history of submitting your renewal form by the priority deadlines, and a computer generated random number assigned to all those with the same priority.
- Upgrade seat selection start times will be emailed by August 31 to all who selected UPGRADE on their renewal form. All those who have 26 years of purchase history and who renew by August 15 will be emailed their start time on August 20
- Your assigned start time is the earliest you can view or select available seats. You are the only account with your start time - next scheduled start time is 15 or 30 minutes later. You can select new seats anytime prior to October 2, but it is recommended to select as close to your start time as possible.
- The average time in 2019 to select new seats, once logged in, was 6 minutes. Please login prior to your assigned start date to expedite the process.
- If you have seats in more than one section, only the seats in one section can be upgraded each year. If you own more than 6 seats, maximum of 4 seats can be upgraded each year.
- You can do a partial upgrade: keep some of your same seats and move some (please contact us so we can update your account).
- The seat selection process is the same as last year. Instructions will be emailed to you on the Thursday the week before your selection start time.
- Seat selection start times are scheduled between 9am - 4:30pm Monday-Friday.
SEATS AVAILABLE during the upgrade process:
- Seats available for upgrade will be the seats not renewed this year
- Available seat locations will change every time a ticketholder gives up their current seats to move to new seats - please check back the morning of your seat selection date
- This page will be updated daily during the upgrade time period with currently available sections
HOW TO SELECT NEW SEATS
OPTION 1: LOGIN at or after your assigned start time to view and select new seats
OPTION 2: by PHONE. Call us at or after your assigned start time
OPTION 3: SEC selects new seats - you can select this option via email
An email with detailed instructions will be sent on Thursday the week before your seat selection start time.
- You cannot leave one single unoccupied seat on either side of your selected seats
- The payment options are Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express
- If you have seats in multiple sections, only the seats in one section can be upgraded each year
- To upgrade part of your order, please contact us. Max. of 4 tickets per account can be upgraded in any one year
Mercedes-Benz Stadium seat chart and prices
Mercedes-Benz Stadium Virtual Venue See views from different seats
Just for fun - 1994 Order Form
- There are 2,000 less Mezzanine Level seats in the new stadium than in the Georgia Dome; 100 less first row Mezzanine seats
- There are half as many first, second and third row seats in the 300 level sections, as 8 of the 16 public renewal sections have Wheelchair accessible platforms in place of rows 1, 2 & 3.
- Wider seats for fan comfort; as a consequence there are less sideline seats than in the Georgia Dome.
- 2018: improved sound system, improved stadium exit time (wider concourses near exits and 4 new exit doors
- 2019: concession prices lowered by $0.50 on 5 of the 10 most popular items.
Stadium no longer accepts cash. There are ATM machines in the stadium that accept cash and dispense debit cards that can be used anywhere.